Friday, July 23, 2010

it's 5 o'clock somewhere


a closer look

the chocolate view

This is another of my 'beach baking' treats.  Oooooie  gooooooie brownies, creammmy cheesecake, and rainier cherries...what a combination for the last night at the beach! 

It's been almost a week since I enjoyed this '5 o'clock somewhere' treat; the memories are sweet.

The cheesecake brownie is another winner from "Ready for Dessert" by David Lebovitz. This recipe included, all my beach baking was accomplished with only a pan, bowl, and a spoon.  No fancy mixer, no special tools (well, except for my scale, which I packed with care); it's amazing what you can do when you don't have tools at hand, and you really want to bake.

The brownie layer contains three types of chocolate, and the cheesecake layer contains 8 oz. of cream cheese - all in an 8" square pan, or 64 square inches of goodness.  And, one square inch of this rich brownie is an adequate serving.

The cherry garnish was my add; it's not in the recipe, but I think they add color, and I know they add flavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment