Sunday, July 25, 2010

chocolate, chocolate cookies


"Twin Chocolate Cookies" to be more correct.  This is another Cookie Jar - Hannah Swensen - Joanne Fluke recipe ("Blueberry Muffin Murder" page 136).


The outside of this cookie does not crunch, but holds within it's walls a rich, decedent center.  Though I toasted the pecans, there is so much chocolate that the pecans are included mainly for texture and not flavor.  I would add a touch of espresso powder; however, they are delicious just as the recipe is written.

The cookies puff a bit in the oven, then fall and crack when removed from the oven.


I froze some of the cookie dough in #50 scoop ball size.  I believe, if possible, the cookies taste better and bake better out of the freezer.


These will be a win-win with all your chocolate lover friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. I just happened accross your blog... those cookies look killer!

    ReplyDelete