After baking, I refrigerated the bars hoping for smooth, straight sides while cutting the bars. The bars become very soft at room temperature, and cutting large bars may not be the best option.
Packaging the peanut butter granola bars in mini cupcake foils within an egg carton (think recycle!) provides quick access to a snack or offers a grab-and-go travel container.
Peanut Butter Granola Bars
(adapted from Renee at sweetsugarbean)
- 6 T brown sugar
- 1/3 cup White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter (from Peanut Butter & Co)**
- 4 T honey
- 4 T butter
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 T ground flax
- 1 T sesame seeds
- 2 T cacao nibs
- 2 T chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 8" x 8" pan with parchment for easy removal of bars after baking
- Melt brown sugar, peanut butter, honey, and butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Remove melted mixture from heat and add vanilla; sit aside
- In large bowl, combine oat, coconut, sunflower seeds, flax, sesame seeds, cacao nibs, and chocolate chips
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry, and stir to combine well
- Press mixture into parchment lined pan
- Bake for 20 minutes (per original recipe). I would bake longer next time, hoping to achieve a more firm peanut butter granola bar
Hiking, camping, work, play, gift.....
The options are endless; the recipient will be grateful!
**The White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter from Peanut Butter & Co. (endorsement given freely; no compensation) combines sweet white chocolate and peanut butter. Peanut Butter & Co. was one of the sponsors at BlogHerFood '11 in Atlanta in May. If all their products are as good as this one, they have found a new home on my pantry shelves!