Tuesday, July 13, 2010

cardamom takes these gingersnaps over the top


Another 'Cookie Jar' recipe-and this one (Spicy Dreams) is great!   The cardamom, in this cookie that I would call a gingersnap, takes the cookie to a new level.  There is a depth of flavor added that comes only from the addition of the cardamom.



Aren't these cookies pretty.  Notice the 'swirl-crack' in the top of the cookie.



Yes, that's sugar, and an ample amount.  I rolled the dough balls (made with a #50 scoop) in sugar prior to baking.  Years ago, my mother often baked gingersnaps especially for me; so, they hold a very special place in my heart.  These cookies are as good as hers...they help bring back fond memories of days long gone.

You can find this recipe in Joanne Fluke's, "Key Lime Pie Murder," page 226.

No comments:

Post a Comment