Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sarabeth's Bakery blueberry muffins

Thank you, My Friend J (of Mrs. Ermel's blog), for my Christmas Cookbook!
"Sarabeth's Bakery: From My Hands to Yours"

The blueberry muffins are baking and the slight undertone of orange aroma is floating through the house on this cold, snowy, January, TN, Saturday.

I was there..
I was there and didn't know what was before me.  I visited NYC in June 2010 and made a quick trip to Chelsea Market.  I stood in front of the table lined with jars of Sarabeth's jams, and I just didn't know...
I walked away...not knowing...

Following the directions for blueberry muffins in "Sarabeth's Bakery," I dished the muffin batter into 10 of the 12 regular size muffin wells (well buttered - this made for easy removal of the baked muffins with all tops in tact-none broken.)


They baked to tall globes, topped with golden, crunchy streusel.

Real muffin tops...

And on the inside, they have a slight color tint from the orange juice.

The muffins are tender and moist, and almost melt in your mouth.  The fresh blueberries explode in your mouth and the subtle orange resides in the background, providing that something extra that puts these muffins over the top.  Crown all that with a little sweet crunch from the streusel on the top of the muffin, and you have a warm, comforting breakfast/anytime muffin.

These muffins are large, and one is enough....but you will have to resist the urge to take a second.


An hour later, the muffins are cold yet the orange and blueberry flavors have somewhat intensified.
(someone had to eat the broken muffin after the photo shoot...)

You can follow Sarabeth's blog here (she often posts recipes from her book) and visit her website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment