Friday, May 15, 2009

under the cling wrap

Friday night - preparation for the weekend - 


What's under the cling wrap.  The bowl is no indication.  It's my newest batter bowl, and it was the size I needed; but, I should have used a light pink, floral bowl.   This is the cookie dough for Rose Water Almond Tea cookies that I found at Baking Obsession HERE.   I wanted to bake with rose water; I've found a recipe for madeleines and marshmallows using the rose water.  Watch for future posts. But, back to this cling wrap covered bowl.  The dough smells like two dozen roses sitting on my kitchen counter (I visualize them as pink roses.)  I tasted the raw dough (yes, I do taste batter containing raw eggs; I just don't eat it by the spoon full!), and it did not taste like a flower - it didn't taste like what I think a flower would taste like.  I'll bake these during the weekend.

& & &


What's under the cling wrap #2 (does this remind you of 'Let's Make a Deal' - what's behind door #2?)  Notice the old kitchen towel prop; that's supposed to help you guess what's under the cling wrap.  Whole Wheat Pizza Dough studded with roasted pumpkin seeds.  Process the seeds in the food processor; they give added texture to the dough.  The recipe lists sunflower seeds, but I used what I had in the freezer.  I'll scale this into three - 8oz rounds of pizza dough, wrap each tightly in cling wrap, place in a zip lock bag, and freeze.  When I'm ready for a pizza, I'll move the dough from the freezer to the refrigerator to the counter to rise again.

I made this dough (a similar dough) in a Viking Pizza class.  It's so easily made in the food processor, and so much better than anything you would buy in the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment