Monday, August 9, 2010

relaxing after Pike Place Market tour


After two hours following an entertaining Savor Seattle Food tour guide through Pike Place Market, I welcomed the opportunity to sit and relax.  

I spotted 'Le Panier - Very French Bakery' earlier in the day while walking through the market.  Relaxing on the high stool, resting my camera and bag on the bar height ledge, I sat and gazed out the open air window.  Market-goers strolled by the window, many consuming a sample of the diverse selection of food found in the market area.

Choosing a sample of Le Panier creations was difficult.  Patrons standing behind me in line silently hoped that I would make a decision rather than continue to stand and gaze at the selections in the display cases.  I chose -


  • Crunchy, crusty, orange-ganache macaron
  • Petite lemon Tartlett aux citron - small tart with lemon creme
  • And, my favorite of the three, which was so moist, rich, and flavorful was the friand - a petite buttery cake with almond and vanilla.  

I saved the last bit of lemon tart only to set up this shot, after which I quickly consumed the bite.

If you find yourself in Pike Place Market, I highly recommend relaxing at Le Panier.

Here's the link to my blog post detailing the culinary delights I sampled during the Pike Place Market Tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment