Saturday, January 16, 2010

the crackle of crusty, freshly baked bread

I'm sorry you cannot hear the sound of this little loaf as it is pulled it from the oven.  It  c r a c k l e s .......



This is a version of the "artisan bread in 5 minutes a day" bread.  I added italian seasoning and garlic powder; I knew I wanted to dip the bread in / I mean, eat it with my roasted tomato soup.  The basic recipe can be found here.

This was so, so simple to make.  And, yes, the result was good enough to serve to company.  I only made half the recipe; this will make two small 7 oz. loaves.  Half the dough is resting in the refrigerator, waiting for another baking day.

in the beginning:


after the rise:


fresh from the oven:


breaking bread:

1 comment:

  1. I knew it was that! I love the book..and the recipes:) Good job!

    ReplyDelete