Saturday, October 24, 2009

"as much fun to make as they are to eat"


No, it's not Jiffy Pop. Do you have to be as old as I am to remember Jiffy Pop?

I saw cranberry almond baked apples on sophistimom's blog and knew I wanted to try these. Along with a little help from my friends, we set up an assembly line. K prepared the apples, A molded the pastry, and I photographed the process. A couple of hours later, we all enjoyed a delicious dessert on this beautiful fall Saturday afternoon.

There was a learning curve to master with the peeler/corer/slicer. K only lost part of a fingernail; thank goodness there was no blood. By apple #3, she was a pro.

Here's the link to sophistimom's delicious recipe. Next baking, I might add a little more cinnamon and a little more almond flavoring. The pastry does break away from a few of the apples in places, but this does not affect taste nor presentation. Actually, steam was escaping in a curling stream through one of the pastry holes as I took the apples from the oven. It was pretty.
Notice the 'dish tiles' handmade by glass artist My Friend A.

Here's the link to other pictures from today's baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment