Sunday, September 20, 2009

Gesine's (Ghe-see-neh's) new book

I've just finished reading Gesine Bullock-Prado's book, "Confections of a Closet Master Baker." I would highly recommend the book to anyone who enjoys baking and/or a touching, life changing story. I, too, can relate to the loss of a parent and the life changing events that follow.

I baked her 'Golden Eggs' (page 12) and they are delicious. Two weeks later, after being frozen, they are still moist and springy to the touch. Here's the link to her video where she bakes the little cakes. I must say, my cakes did not turn out of the decorative bundt pan. That didn't affect the flavor, and I baked the remainder of the batter in regular muffin pans, which turned out beautifully.


It's a great book. Along with the touching stories, and the grueling details of a baker's daily life, there are several recipes sprinkled in the mix. I can't wait to try the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment