These strawberries have been in the freezer since last summer. The cold storage did not diminish the taste value of the red beauties.
notice the thick, red - juice-truned-jam
Oven Roasted Strawberry Jam
(recipe adapted from http://familystylefood.com/2011/04/roasted-strawberry-refrigerator-jam/)
- 2 quart bags frozen strawberries, drained of juice after thawing
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 2 T chamboard liquor
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Combine all ingredients into large bowl
- Stir well to distribute sugar
- Let sit for 15 minutes
- Pour mixture into half sheet pan
- Bake in slow oven (250 degrees) for two hours
- I stirred berries and juice a couple of time during baking time.
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Store in refrigerator if you plan to consume within a couple of weeks; otherwise, store in freezer.
Oven roasted strawberry jam would be delicious over ice cream or cheesecake or pound cake, ....
or off the end of a spoon.