Saturday, April 16, 2011

'Garlicky Sesame-Cured Broccoli Salad' by Melissa Clark


Isn't this broccoli salad beautiful!  The florets are so rich in green color, and if you could smell, the aroma would be of sesame oil, cumin, and garlic.

This is the second recipe I've tried from Melissa Clark's book, "In the Kitchen with a Good Appetite."  For those looking to try something new, this is a great book - one I highly recommend!

As the author comments, the salad is good freshly mixed; however, it's much more flavorful on day two or three or four.  Since I was traveling, I froze the uneaten portion of the salad.  A week later, I added the frozen salad to a roasted tomato soup. The broccoli maintained a bit of crunch in the soup, even after simmering for three hours.

Here's the LINK to Melissa's recipe in the New York Times dining and wine section.

No comments:

Post a Comment