Friday, December 25, 2009

caramel with golden syrup


addictive - addictive - addictive

It's like a drug.  You want one, then two, then all the pieces!  The rich, buttery, golden, creamy, sweet, vanilla bean flavor of this caramel is the best I've ever tasted.

I probably should have cooked this a few degrees longer; you can see in the above photo that the ends are curling.  The cut caramels hold their shape in the refrigerator, but soon become soft after removed from the refrigerator.

You can find the recipe here.

Since this begins with the addition of golden syrup, watching for the correct golden color is a bit challenging.  Err on the side of darker.










changing consistency:













Though I didn't scrape the side of the pan when I originally poured the caramels, I did scrape the pan onto a saucer.  I didn't want to leave any of this goodness in the pan. Notice all the vanilla bean specks in this caramel!












Someone had to taste......

d e l i c i o u s ! ! ! ! ! !

1 comment:

  1. I am so bad w/ a candy thermometer..these look so amazing..and your ribbons? Here and below? adorable..off to discover..

    ReplyDelete