Saturday, November 28, 2009

pecan domed rum cake

Real bakers don't use cake mixes - - silly me for thinking such.

As I reached for the cake mix box on the grocer's shelf, all I could think about was, 'what preservatives and words that I cannot pronounce are ingredients in this box?'

I followed the old, traditional Bacardi Rum Cake recipe, which can be found numerous places on the internet. I must confess that, even though this recipe includes a cake mix, the cake is really good. I chose spiced rum, because 'spiced' is what fall baking is all about.

I would like to try a different recipe that does not use a cake mix, but I'm baking another rum cake next week, and I've already purchased the box mix. It works...what can I say?

These cakes were baked in the William's Sonoma cranberry molds. They made cute little bundts. A word of caution - don't overfill the pan. I know this from experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment