...on Christmas Eve Eve
We enjoyed a feast and sat by the fire remembering years of friendship, while listing to Christmas music on the radio.
Sausage balls from a friend
Homemade vegetable beef soup
Homemade Cheese Biscuits
Homemade (shaken) Santa's Hats (recipe at end of this post)
Homemade Sugar Cookies
Homemade Hot Chocolate
Buche de Noel (yule log) (chocolate filled chocolate glazed chocolate!!) (from Fresh Market)
Angel, watching the festivities
...after all that, it was time for a long winter's nap!
Santa's Hat Christmas Cocktail
(makes 1 cocktail)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3 teaspoons sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 oz cranberry juice
- 1 oz Cruzan coconut rum
- 1 T grenadine
- Combine powdered sugar and water; brush onto rim of glass
- Dip rim of brushed glass into coconut (spread on a saucer for easier dipping)
- Sit glasses aside to dry if you have time; otherwise, continue with recipe
- Combine cranberry juice, coconut rum, and grenadine in cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake / Pour into coconut rimmed glasses
- Add a candy cane
Thank You to everyone who stopped by to read my blog during the past years. I enjoy reading your comments and I thank you all for taking a few precious moments of your time to visit bakingpictures.
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."
iPhone photos and Camera + app