Sunday, November 21, 2010

French Macaron success story

Macaron baking batch #5 - finally!!! - something that looks like a French Macaron.

The taste of the shell is good, but the interior texture needs more research.  I think it's too chewy, and that could be because I think I have under-baked the shells. Since I don't have 'the real thing' to sample, I'll continue reading and researching.  There are many, many opinions on the internet regarding macarons.

The shells are made from a basic macaron recipe of egg whites, granulated and powdered sugar, and almond meal.  I added the seeds of a vanilla bean to the batter to create speckles on the surface of the shells.

The recipe I followed can be found here.

double sift the powdered sugar and almond meal
 batter into piping bag
 batter looks a little over worked
 piped
 decorative tops
 vanilla bean seeds
 easy filling - melted kisses and powdered sugar
 an early taste of the season
 through the oven door
 macarons cooling on their feet
 bottoms up
 picture perfect
tasty . . . vanilla bean studded French Macaron shell filled with melted Hershey's Mint Truffle Kisses mixed with powdered sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment