I thought the recipe was a disaster.
As a last effort, I poured the batter into mini cupcake liners and baked 14 minutes as instructed.
They were a hit!
Oooey goooey in the center, the trick to eating these was to squeeze the molten chocolate out of the mini liner and directly into the mouth.
I'm sure that was not the intent of the recipe, but it works!
(Sorry, no pictures of the real thing...I thought they were a disaster....but they weren't.)
(adapted from here)
- 12 oz powdered sugar
- 2 oz cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine powdered sugar, cocoa, salt and chocolate chips.
- Add egg whites and vanilla and stir well
- Pour into 24 mini muffin cups, almost to the top (there may be a little extra batter)
- Bake for 14 minutes, then remove from oven and cool (top may crack; center will be gooey)